Παρασκευή 25 Απριλίου 2014

Comenius meeting in Greece: Thoughts & threads (April, 2014)

... As I start writing this post, we are in the Easter holidays , so we are distanced from the pace of everyday school and, therefore, there is a " safe distance " to describe what we experienced as hosts for one week under the Comenius Program at our school and not only ... Let me remind you that a few days ago was preceded by the publication of " travel diary " of the visit of our Europeans fellow. (http://sykees8.blogspot.gr/2014/04/comenius-project-meeting-in-greece-313.html)
Comeniuuuuuuuuuuuuusssss!!!!!!!!


     I was - and probably still am - very reluctant to write about something I felt completely " from the inside " , because this would be not "politically correct" but are also deeply subjective ... Nevertheless I will write about one and reason alone. Since then it has been in my life this blog, I realized the value of saving the time, written with bold punctuations of our lives, because ... (let everyone fill their own " why" .... ).

The myth of the abduction of Europe



    I tried consciously to be hanging out with our fellow guests as many hours of the day  could. Nevertheless there are times - fortunately few - not the shared and not the lived , with no doubt the most important musical and theatrical events for the myth of the abduction of Europe, presented by the third grade students, under the directorial guidance of their teachers, of George and Yiota. Nevertheless I listen to the beauty of the music choices and something furtive glances from a rehearsal. The sense of this happening in my eyes was reflected  of our European friends, and went out of the hall of our school. I will not forget, for example, never tears and hug Olga in response for the sense of what she had just lived.

I felt that belong to the same club teachers!

   Second scene that I want to share with you: On the first day of the arrival of " Comenius Friends " us and after they had already a first tour of the halls and rooms of the school, I saw them all together - rising from the courtyard, after I call - in our office to discuss in small groups and felt that belong to the same club teachers! I felt that we had together hour without lesson  and that will be corrected notebooks or talked about anything ... I felt them an integral part of the " Holy Everyday " at our school!
The human potential of the 2nd Elementary School Santa Barbara
together with the Mayor of the city

  The third thought I have is to ourselves and more specifically in the human potential of the 2nd Elementary School Santa Barbara, to my colleagues! When in November we had a discussion that those directly involved in the program to report the rest on the procedural and substantive issues " Comenius week " I support the view that " there is no way with this people do not succeed .. . " I would say, to say it clearly. In other schools, others, generally, public organizations to implement such a program divides, at least, the two workers and the relationship turns into " civil war  ." Well , even those of our colleagues, who had not tasted any of the joys of the program and were not reaping the educational gains of up to a week hospitality offered one hundred percent of their forces to go well this so much factorial exercise of hospitality and demonstrates the abundance of soul and the morals.
Aegean island dances



Fernando tries to touch to feel the Disk of
 Phaistos 
 (Geography of the five senses)
  This felt several European friends and  were divided with me in individual discussions. " Although the infrastructure is scarce, however, have such Teamwork , Love and Passion for what we do which largely cover any gaps " ... Yes , my colleagues are the main reason I travel daily in Agia Varvara .. .

Ostracism in ancient Athens from Chara
  An even positive point of meeting educational 2nd Primary School St Barbara I believe are the eight different hours lesson or game - experiential workshops attended, split into groups. Lesson Greek as a foreign language from the first grade (the imaginative idea of Irini !) Ostracism in ancient Athens from Chara. Play Geography of Europe by Kostas. Mathematics by Yiota and Kostas. Physics by Stavroula. Interview by students of John and Helen and a experiential game Geography of Greece, based on our five senses from me. I think beyond any debate about the education system, and that in any case need from you watched,  our colleagues will took valuable conclusions about the positive and negative characteristics of the Greek educational system.


......valuable conclusions about the positive and negative
characteristics of the Greek educational system.



The " Garden of Statues "
  As regards the cultural part of the event we feel the need to focus on the day of the visit with them in the Acropolis Museum , the Sacred Rock, the Ancient Agora and the surrounding area of ​​the historic center of Athens. When we were in the " Garden of Statues " 
- the most beloved museum  " neighborhood " of mine - between the archaic kouros and daughters, I wanted to say these words, but I did not succeed .... " For me, Chara, Yiota and Basilici is a tremendous honor that we share with you the most history walk not only of Athens ... Greece ... maybe Europe! Why ? Because through this path that we walk Together born this exactly the idea of Europe, our common values​​, that of Comenius ... ! "

....this path that we walk Together born this exactly
the idea of Europe, our common values​​, that of Comenius ... !



  As we discussed with Ibon in Ankara and Nando here and in France and perhaps ultimately the dominant group - goal and benefiting from the actions of Comenius to be teachers, and most of our pupils ... There's some from a latent guilt openly express their positive feelings....

Simply wonderful!

 But a happy and creative teacher, with real friends in corners of Europe mirroring his happiness of multiplying to the school, to the classroom, to the pupils !

A happy and creative teacher, with real friends in corners of Europe mirroring his happiness of multiplying
to the school, to the classroom, to the students!
An optimistic school ...
  As regards the culinary part of the trip, and obviously the ones that can be expressed are our guests. I want simply to share with you my decision, if I open shop sometime focus abroad (never know ... ) will call it "The Greek Way" and thanks to Alice about it, saying that continually regarding sharing all the dishes in the middle: "Finally, I like the Greek way!".
"Finally, I like the Greek way!"

  I thought and I believe that a great way to travel magnified time. Well, I can say with certainty that in Comenius travels  time ... gigantic!


The most ... "great half hour" of our lives
 Shortly before the end, let's play the game of associations! the sound of drums and maracas " of recycled " Orchestra of Basiliki... sunset on the rocks of Piraeus ... Aegean island dances with Zulfiye ... the most ... "great half hour" of our lives and the incredible night in " Bike " ... courses backgammon Costas in
Alice ... The wonderful discussions with Martine ... Passion Ms. Basilici, the guide .... Song of the Indians learned from Nando to our students ... Walk in Nafplio




Passion of Ms. Basilici, the guide
 ... The happiness in the faces of my colleagues ... One more!!! ... Again and again!!! .... Difficult ... but valuable part of my town that we lived, passing through teargas and protesters ...












Geography Game of the senses

Geography Game of the senses ... the doll of Europe in the hands of children ... Athens us!! who loved again, thanks to our friends ! (though as I'm concerned, once I have ceased to love my city) .... Finally ... the eyes of our children! More ... laughing, happier, brighter than ever!

The sound of drums and maracas
" of recycled " Orchestra of Basiliki...


Walk in Nafplio...












  The open circles ... so close! The opening and closing of each cycle are events that we carry in our lives, we are heading with this ... In one month from today, starts in Romania last Meeting of the program ... I am absolutely confident that the end of this Trip will be the starting point for others as exciting and creative travel, because as you well know:
"All are road ... and now, after this experience, our road seems commonplace! "
                                                                 In the following, therefore, my traveling companions !

                                                            
                                                                                                 For Sykees8
                                                                              Efthimis (Makis) Chatziefstathiou

                                                    Our Comenius friends for Greek meeting....

1 σχόλιο:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...